The application process for Ivy League and other highly-selective colleges and universities can be an overwhelming and complicated process.
The competition is stiff and it is often difficult for students to sort out the many myths from the realities about the process. Preparation for application often begins much earlier in a student’s high school career and local school guidance counselors do not usually have the time or the expertise to help navigate students through the journey. Many families find it is highly beneficial in these situations to seek out an independent educational consultant who specializes in college admissions.
A college consultant can provide support and direction in many areas, including:
- High school course selection and transcript review
- Helping prepare a resume of a student’s extracurricular, athletic, and community activities
- Filling out the Common Application in such a way that best highlights student achievement
- Helping with the Personal Statement and supplemental essay materials
- Standardized Tests (SAT I and II, ACT, AP, IB) advice
- Supporting a student in securing the best letters of recommendation
- College review and selection
- Interview and campus visit preparation
- Choice of major and professional school advising
Many Ivy League admissions officers will tell prospective students that “They are not denying applicants; they are denying applications.” Therefore, if your first-choice college is an Ivy League or other highly-selective institution, you have one shot to prepare an application that will be sure to be given a thorough evaluation. College Funding Systems has the resources to help you!